DIY Cottage Colors - JRV
The NEW DIY Cottage Color Paint Curated by Jami Ray Vintage, a water based heavy-duty furniture paint which is safe to use indoors and on heavily used surfaces like tables, chairs etc. (heavily used surfaces may need additional coats of sealer).
Zero VOC and solvent free and no extra sealing is required. DIY Cottage Color One Step Paint can give your furniture an exciting new look with a built-in sealer!
- Make sure the surface is clean, dry and free of grease and penetrating substances. Remove loose coats of old paint or lacquer first. If necessary, prime bleeding wood with DIY Salvation Solution. Paint over new surfaces (wood)and existing firm coats of old paint, lightly sand in between coats. Only when a strong color difference exists (generally from very dark to very light) spot priming or a third coat may be required.
- Can be diluted with water (max. 10%)
- Leave first coat to dry for approx. 12 hours before sanding; the second coat will be touch dry after about 1 hour, depending on the temperature.
- One liter of Cottage Color will cover approx. 10-12 m². Make sure to minimize waste by carefully calculating the paint you need for your project and putting it in a separate container so your brush does not contaminate the paint as it is VOC and solvent free.
Storage / Shelf life
- Store containers tightly sealed in a cool but frost-free place. Shelf life: 1 year, when unopened. Keep unused paint for later use; avoiding waste effectively may minimize the environmental impact of the product.